If you have any questions not listed below, please let us know by phone or email so that we can address your query.
Phone: 416.979.5000, ext. 4569
- WHAT, WHEN, WHERE
- TICKETS AND PASSES
- When can I purchase tickets/passes?
- What type of payment methods are accepted?
- Where do I purchase tickets on-site?
- Can I still purchase passes on-site?
- How much are tickets/passes?
- Will I get a confirmation for my ticket?
- What if I cannot print my ticket/pass?
- Do I need to bring my ticket/pass with me?
- What if I lose my ticket/pass/wristband?
- AT THE FESTIVAL
- SUPPORT SERVICES
WHAT, WHEN, WHERE
What is the 50+ Festival?
2018 marks 10 years of the festival. The 50+ Festival celebrates older adults through the arts, live theatre, film, and music. It also features an array of lectures, and workshops by renowned speakers. Learn more about Programs for 50+, support and experience the creative arts, and challenge misconceptions about older adults to help reduce ageism. If you would like to see information on past festivals, please visit the About Us page.
What is this year’s theme?
This year takes on a celebratory tone as the 50+ Festival turns 10! Join us as we explore innovative trends, Canadian pluralism, and citizen science. Take in a theatre retrospective, an exclusive film screening, and a lively night of music, food, and prizes. Participate in stimulating sessions that speak to past perspectives, present positions, and future paths.
What are the official dates of the 50+ Festival?
The festival will be held from Friday, June 1 to Sunday, June 3, 2018.
Where is the 50+ Festival being held?
Festival events take place at the following locations:
- Ryerson University: 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON M5B 2K3
- Arts & Letters Club: 14 Elm Street, Toronto, ON M5G 1G7
- Aki Studio: 120-585 Dundas Street East, Toronto, ON M5A 2B7
What types of sessions are being offered?
This year’s festival includes lectures, plenaries, theatre performances, and a film screening. Learn more about these sessions.
TICKETS AND PASSES
When can I purchase tickets/passes?
Tickets and passes are available online in April. Only tickets can be purchased at the door during the festival.
What type of payment methods are accepted?
Payment can be made via credit card online. Only cash is accepted at the door.
Where do I purchase tickets on-site?
The registration table will be located at each event location (you won’t be able to miss us!).
Can I still purchase passes on-site?
Passes are available online only.
How much are tickets/passes?
We offer a few options for purchasing tickets/passes. Learn more on the Tickets and Passes page.
Will I get a confirmation for my ticket?
Yes, you will receive a confirmation with your ticket. The confirmation, along with your ticket, will be sent to you via email. If you don’t receive your ticket confirmation, please contact TIX123: firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I cannot print my ticket/pass?
We are not able to print tickets for you. Please ask a friend or family member to print your ticket(s). Remember you can present your ticket/pass via mobile device.
Do I need to bring my ticket/pass with me?
Yes, you must present your ticket. Remember, your ticket/pass can be presented in print or via mobile device.
What if I lose my ticket/pass/wristband?
Don’t worry! Come to the registration table for assistance.
AT THE FESTIVAL
Where is the registration table?
The registration table will be located at each event location (you won’t be able to miss us!). At the registration table you can:
- Get your tickets/passes scanned
- Receive your day pass wristband
- Buy tickets at the door
- Pick up a festival brochure
- Pick up additional information about Programs for 50+
- Access the Lost and Found
- Get directions
How early can I arrive?
Doors open 15 minutes before each event.
Can I take photos/video?
Photos of the speakers are not permitted, however you are welcome to take photos of you and your friends/family at the events.
Will photos/video be taken of me?
By attending this event, Ryerson University will assume you have provided consent for your image to be collected, used, and reproduced by Ryerson University, its employees, or agents. If you do not wish to be recorded at the event, please let our registration staff know upon arrival. We will accommodate your request.
How do I get to Ryerson University?
Address: 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON M5B 2K3
- By Car: Learn more about convenient parking on campus.
- By TTC:
- Dundas Station is located within the Eaton Centre at Yonge and Dundas. The station has entrances to and from the street.
- College Station is located at Yonge and College/Carlton and can be accessed within the College Park mall.
- STREETCAR/BUS: The closest streetcar stops to Ryerson are:
- Dundas Street East at Church Street.
- Victoria at Dundas Street.
- Carlton Street at Yonge Street.
- By Wheel Trans
How do I get to Aki Studio?
Address: Aki Studio,120-585 Dundas Street East, Toronto, ON M5A 2B7
- By Car:
- Paid public parking is available in the underground lot beneath the Daniels Spectrum building. The vehicle entrance is off the laneway to the south of the centre, accessible via Sackville Street just south of Dundas Street East. Look for the big blue “P.” The cost is $8 for the day.
- Note: The parking lot does not have direct access into the Daniels Spectrum building. The parking lot elevators exit onto Dundas Street. From there, walk east to the main doors of Daniels Spectrum.
- Additional paid public parking can be found in an underground lot beneath the RBC Royal Bank, just north of Dundas Street East off Regent Street. There is sometimes free parking available near the aquatic centre, on the north side of Dundas, just east of our building.
- 505 Dundas Streetcar: Sackville Stop
- 65 Parliament Bus: Dundas stop. Walk east on Dundas.
How do I get to The Arts & Letters Club?
Address: Arts & Letters Club, 14 Elm Street, Toronto, ON M5G 1G7
- By Car: There is limited metered parking on Elm Street. Pay parking is also available at Minto Plaza Precise ParkLink (38 Elm Street slightly west of The Arts and Letters Club) costing $5 per 30 minutes to a maximum of $20. Saturday and Sunday flat rate is $10.
- By Wheel Trans
- By TTC: Take the Yonge Line and exit at Dundas Station. Walk north on Yonge Street. Turn left (west) onto Elm Street. The Arts and Letters Club is on the right-hand side.
What kind of accessibility arrangements are available?
The Chang School is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Please contact us two to three weeks in advance of the event if you have any particular accommodation requirements: 416.979.5000, ext. 4569.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer. Email or call us if you are interested in this opportunity.
Phone: 416.979.5000, ext. 4569
I’m interested in volunteering for the festival, how do I make this happen?
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please visit our Volunteer page for further information.
What is required of me as a volunteer?
There are quite a few volunteer opportunities available during the festival. The role you undertake will determine what duties are required of you. You will receive training to ensure you can fulfill your volunteer duties.
What happens if I lose personal items at the festival?
We will have a Lost & Found located at the registration table in the Library Building in front of LIB 072.
Where can I go to find food/drinks in between sessions?
Ryerson campus is located in the heart of downtown Toronto. There are plenty of restaurants located along Yonge Street, and a large food court is located inside the Eaton Centre.
How can I, or my company, get involved as a partner or sponsor of the 50+ Festival?
Please visit our Support Us page for further information.